27.2.10

Desperate Italian is back

I stopped updating the blog since... I moved abroad. Fittingly for my alias, isn't it? It wasn't an easy choice - and I mean neglecting the blog, not leaving the country. I had a small but committed readership, and felt from the beginning the typical emigrant's sense of guilt: how can you criticize you country, if you don't share anymore its troubles? Fifteen months later, the motivation is coming back: I'm surrounded by foreigners who ask me questions about Italy. I hope my posts will help giving them a better picture, and that this space can become a corner for serious and enriching debates.

3 comments:

Monica M' said...

my compliments!
I agree with the things you write..
sono italiana ma non mi considero tale...e non me ne vanto di sicuro..
e ho pensato più volte di andarmene... come hanno già fatto molti miei amici..ma alla fin fine per un motivo o per l'altro sono ancora qui...per fortuna almeno vivo in una città di confine...che non è troppo italiana...ma non è per niente al top... (è un gentile eufemismo!!)

Desperate Italian said...

saremo mica concittadini? Trieste?

Monica M' said...

uuuuu....
la si sente da lontano..
che città, eh?
;)